Saturday, July 31, 2010

You Know I Can't Show You

I answered the phone today

And heard you wishing me a

Happy birthday

I didn’t really know what to say

It’s been a while since I heard your voice and I

Kind of miss it

You know things can’t change

After everything we’ve been through you know its

Better this way

You know I can’t show you the pain

You know I can’t show you how

Much it hurts

And I know it ain’t easy this way

When it doesn’t make sense, but I

Can’t show you the pain

Won’t show you my pain

You got me thinking back to our first date

Remembering the way you used to

Smile at me

And remember how I held you in my arms?

We would just kiss away the night, we

Didn’t think it’d do any harm

Things were pretty good then

Didn’t ever think it’d stop and I don’t

Wish I had

But I can’t show you the pain

You know I can’t show you how

Much it hurts

You were the most beautiful thing

My angel and my dream, but I

Can’t tell you these things

I can’t show you the pain

Just look at us now

Mad as hell and we can’t even say more than

Two short words

Now embarrassed of what we became

It should be this way, but I

Loved you all the same

But I can’t show you the pain

You know I can’t show you how

Much it hurts

I don’t want it this way

I pray to God every day that He’d

Make something change

I think about you every day

I know I didn’t leave you in an

Easy place

But you knew it would happen this way

You knew I couldn’t stay

We couldn’t make it my way

No comments:

Post a Comment